Tuesday, April 21, 2015

ConAgra

ConAgra is one of the companies that you don’t know you support. They sneak their way into our house without us ever realizing that a certain product is theirs. ConAgra products are in most homes across America despite the negative impact they have had on the environment and repeated warnings from the FDA on topics such as product cleanliness.
                The main point I want to make about ConAgra is not only are they threatening our health by not following FDA regulations, but also the health of our planet. ConAgra repeatedly violates legal guidelines and policies. How can we trust a company that does not follow the rules? In 2007, ConAgra scored a 6 out of 100 for environmental friendliness. Why should we trust this company with our food?
                After a while of searching, I found multiple sources that claim ConAgra is not environmentally friendly but I have found no evidence to support this claim. ConAgra obviously must do a good job of hiding the facts or everyone else is making claims on no evidence. What does this say about the undocumented nature of the environmental damages corporations do?

                If the law breaking is happening on the corporate level, how much law breaking is happening on the lower, less monitored levels. If more companies like ConAgra continue to break down the environment, unregulated, we are not going to have anything left of the world.
http://drleonardcoldwell.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/conagra.gif 

9 comments:

  1. It's horrible that you cannot find evidence to support your claim! We have the right to know what is happening to our food, and if they are hiding all of their information, it must not be good... It is scary to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your points, but where is your data? Concrete evidence would do a lot to support your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to dig up dirt on big companies for my blog post too and it's amazing how little information there is out there. I've heard that there are actual laws preventing people from videotaping or reporting of the conditions of certain industries. We seriously need to change the laws so that they protect the consumers, workers, and animals instead of the executives. Good job at trying to get the word out and trying to dig up dirt on these people! Keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patrick is correct. Where did you find that they are deceptive? Document that, and I'll help you look for evidence!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard very little of ConAgra, and even now I still feel out of the loop. You should provide a little more specific evidence about what ConAgra actually does and how they possibly violate legal guidelines. I am still unsure. I like the background of your blog though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Alex in that I don't know very much (or anything) about ConAgra. I think that it would improve the post if you told a little bit more about their products, and told the about the claims of illegal activity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What products does ConAgra make? Your blog makes me interested, yet a little scared. Does being environmentally damaging necessarily mean that the product itself is dangerous to our homes? That is what you're making this seem like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with most of the people that commented: this information is very good and makes me nervous about who is controlling our food, however, what products do they make, and is there a way to not support them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What specifically does ConAgra do and how do they "sneak their way into our homes"? It would be nice to have some support for your claims. I am a little shaken up after reading this and want to watch out, but I dont know what to look for!

    ReplyDelete